Saturday, May 19, 2007

But she can't find her keys...

Contents of my purse age 8:
pennies for bubble gum
a dime for the mechanical horse at the bowling alley
bubble gum
pretty rocks

Contents of my purse age 14:wallet with 50 cents for school lunch
Kotex
hairbrush
lip gloss

Contents of my purse age 25:wallet and all it contains including
change for laundromat
driver's license
pictures of my baby(ies)
checkbook
grocery list
tampons
burp rag for baby
diaper and plastic pants
diaper pins
change of clothes for baby
plastic bag with damp washcloth for baby
plastic bags for poopy diapers
receiving blanket for
breastfeeding in public
changing baby where no changing tables exist
for sticking in car window to keep sun off baby
in case baby gets cold
hat for baby
bootees for baby
sweater for baby
lotion for baby
lotion for me
pacifier
bottle of juice
package of teething crackers
container of cheerios
rattle
paperback book
camera in case baby does something cute
crochet hook and yarn
small scissors
and at the bottom : my keys

Contents of my purse age 40:ditto above with these changes-
diapers are now disposable (but still use cloth at home)
no laundromat change as have own washer and dryer
add baby wipes
sunblock for me
sunblock for baby
sunglasses
toys my kids don't want to carry
pretty stones my kids find
water bottle for me
juice boxes for kids
snack packages for kids
aspirin
and at the bottom of the purse - my keys


Contents of my purse age 52:wallet and all it contains including
driver's license
a wad of cash to pay for gasoline
pictures of my grandbaby
list of social security card numbers for everyone in my family
credit cards
health insurance card
auto insurance card

checkbook
cell phone
cell phone instruction book
water bottle
sunglasses
lip gloss
another lip gloss ('cause I couldn't find the first one)
sunblock
eye drops
hand lotion
another hand lotion ('cause I couldn't find the first one)
change of socks (?)
notebook (s) to write lists, to keep me organized
half a dozen pens, never found when I need them
change purse with 89 pennies
$5.67 in loose change
$4 in loose dollar bills
earrings (3) (not 3 pairs, just 3) (I don't have 3 ears, I have 2 ears)
receipts
receipts
receipts
tickets from theater
report cards and papers from parent teacher conferences
appointment cards
calendar (not filled out) (because can never find pens)
film that needs to be developed (from 3 Christmases ago)
packets of photographs (need to send copies to relatives and put some in albums)
checks I'm supposed to deposit
bills I'm supposed to pay
thin maxi pads (because I still get annoyed by an occasional period)
pretty stones my daughter finds
toys my daughter wants me to carry for her
rag doll I am mending for grandchild
scissors
embroidery floss
embroidery needles
Computer discs
Music CDs
Photo CDs
DVDs (to take back to the movie rental place)
library books
books on tape or CD
letters I need to respond to
To do list(s)
Grocery list(s)
band aids
an apple
beef jerky
leash
training collar
dog biscuits
plastic bag for dog poop
plastic vial containing dog poop sample for vet (forgot to give it to him)
And...at the very bottom...my keys.


What's in your purse?




No comments: